Given that food is your medicine, here’s one of my favorite parts of our website: Recipes that not only can help you with your health goals — from reversing a disease to losing fat, from building lean muscle to just feeling better and more energetic — but are also delicious! Whether you want to try to go grain-free or gluten-free, follow a traditional or vegetarian diet, or look after your gut health or kickstart fat loss.
We have gathered the categories of revenue to total revenue of Mama Peggy, so that you can browse by subject easier. Hopefully this will help you discover things you might not have known that you are looking for.
1- BEVERAGES :
source : http://mamapeggy.com/homemade-eggnog/
1- BEVERAGES :
-- Homemade Eggnog
Prep time:2 hours
Cook time:15 mins
Total time:2 hours 15 mins
A wonderful, homemade eggnog. This puts store-bought eggnog to shame, and it's more than worth the extra effort! Begin 2 hours ahead of time, or early in the day. You can also make the preliminary mixture the night before if you like.
· 12 eggs, separated
· 1 cup sugar
· 1½ cups rum
· ½ cup brandy
· 6 cups milk
· ground nutmeg
· 1 cup heavy or whipping cream
1. In large bowl, beat egg yolks with sugar at low speed to mix.
2. When mixed, beat at high speed until mixture is thick and lemon-colored (about 15 minutes), frequently scraping bowl.
3. Carefully beat in rum and brandy, one tablespoon at a time to prevent curdling mixture.
4. Cover and chill. This is your base mixture and can be stored for a while until you're ready to serve the eggnog.
5. About 20 minutes before serving, in a chilled 5- to 6-quart punch bowl, stir in yolk mixture, milk and 1¼ teaspoons of nutmeg.
6. In a large bowl, beat egg whites at high speed until soft peaks form.
7. In a small bowl, using the same beaters and with mixer at medium speed, beat cream until stiff peaks form.
8. With wire whisk, gently fold the egg whites and cream into your yolk mixture until just blended.
9. To serve, sprinkle some nutmeg over the top of the eggnog.
Serving size: Calories: Fat: Saturated fat: Unsaturated fat: Trans fat: Carbohydrates: Sugar: Sodium: Fiber: Protein: Cholesterol: